Government Relations Newsletter, a benefit of your membership in SPAHQ, is designed to inform you of news on government, regulatory or accreditation actions that impact the Southeastern Pennsylvania quality professional.
For the full text of each item, click on the red links.
- Both qualitative and quantitative data are necessary for quality improvement (BMJ article may require sign in)
- Joint Commission Sentinel Event Alert on how to improve event reporting
- AHRQ Study finds massive unnecessary antibiotic prescriptions and offers classification scheme to monitor
- Applications for NAHQ’s new award for interdisciplinary care teams who have achieved measurable, innovative impact are due March 31
- Joint Commission adds fluoroscopy to Radiation Risks Sentinel Alert
- BEERS Criteria updated
- New HCUP release of 2010-2016 data reveals readmission rates down for Medicare, stable for Medicaid and private insurance and up for uninsured patients.
- Twenty-four hospitals in Pennsylvania are being penalized by Medicare for Hospital Acquired Conditions rankings and over a hundred for Readmissions.
- CMS has received conflicting views on proposed regulations on whether to continue approving accreditation groups that also operate consulting arms, which charge hospitals for their help to gain accreditation.