Government Relations Newsletter, a benefit of your membership in SPAHQ, is designed to inform you of news on government, regulatory or accreditation actions that impact the Southeastern Pennsylvania quality professional.
For the full text of each item, click on the red links.
- Free guidelines, coaching, online education, improvement tools, and patient education materials available from AHRQ for antibiotic stewardship in long term care facilities. AHRQ Safety Program for Improving Antibiotic Use Participants also have the opportunity to earn continuing education credits.
- What Technology Hazards are Hiding in Your Hospital? Download the Executive Brief at www.ecri.org/2 019hazards.
- Flu Season Is Here: Vaccination Rates lower in ambulatory and long-term care settings (where 75% and 67% of workers received vaccinations, respectively).
- An article in the Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing says "pain as a fifth vital sign" (P5VS) has failed to improve the quality of pain care. The American Pain Society (APS) and Joint Commission, advocate for a multidimensional approach to pain management. Multidimensional tools that may improve outcomes include the Clinically Aligned Pain Assessment Tool (CAPA); the modified Brief Pain Inventory (BPI); and the revised APS Outcome Questionnaire.
- Prescribing “non-antibiotic” medications to patients seeking antibiotics for respiratory tract infections may increase patient satisfaction.